After working hard for years, when you finally decide to sell your business, the big question is, “Is this an ideal time to sell?”
Unfortunately, there’s no simple answer. You will need to consider several factors, and these will depend on your particular situation.
Now is a good time to sell IF:
- Your business is growing (or stable at least) in terms of its results.
- Your profitability is continuing to grow.
- The market you operate in has attractive growth prospects.
In short, a good time to sell is when things are stable or growing—in other words, when things are going well.
It’s also vital to weigh up any market factors that may impact your sale and thus dictate the best time to sell your business.
Factors that signal a good time to sell:
- The volume of comparable sales in your sector when the number of transactions is high.
- Lower interest rates than in previous years.
- An upward trend in strategic acquisitions.
- Availability of financing.
Because we keep a constant eye on activities in the transaction market (M&A), we have access to information that will enable you to value your business with greater accuracy and thus decide whether or not now is a good time to sell your business.
FOR EXPERT GUIDANCE AND FREE ADVICE, TRUST THE MERGEX TEAM!